Why is it important for us to drink?
Water accounts for about 67 percent of the human body's weight, hence the vital effect on our physical condition.
Here are a few example:
1. Water participates in almost every process that occurs in the body. The working environment of vitamins, for example, is water.
2. The presence of water is essential for the existence of electrical reactions related to cardiac function and nerve conduction.
3. Proper metabolism of fluids allows removal of waste materials from the body.
4. Hydration maintains healthy skin and fresh appearance and allows good blood flow within the blood vessels.
5. Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
And what happens if we do not drink?
1. Fluid deficiency can causes dehydration, headaches, constipation, and a tendency to develop Kidney stones (especially in men) and urinary tract infections (especially in women).
2. The skin may become dry and lifeless, and those who are chronically fluid deficient will suffer long-term damage to the skin.
3. When trying to lose weight, it is even more important to drink, and when you lose weight, your body needs to get rid of excess waste. drinking too little water can damage the weight loss process.
4. Lack of fluid also affects sweat thickness. Thick and concentrated sweat can cause pimples and skin rash.
What should we drink?
It is recommended to drink fluids that are strong hydrators:
1. Water: water is the preeminent beverage for correctly hydrating the body.
2. Fruit and Vegetable Juices: natural energy drinks use natural beverage ingredients. The water (juice) in fruits and vegetables is one of the liquids nature has provided for hydrating our bodies in order to maintain our harmonic balance with nature, and avoid taking in a concentration too high with nutrients and sugars.
3. Herbal Teas (Infusions): The leaves from plants such as mint, verbena, linden, balm, and so on give a pleasant aroma and flavor to the water in which they are steeped, which makes these beverage solutions a satisfying alternative to people who don’t enjoy drinking plain water.
How can we remember to drink?
1. Do not rely on thirst. If you are one of those who drink two glasses a day, your body has long since forgotten what thirst is.
2. Your favorite flavor of natural energy drinks can make you enjoy drinking more.
3. You can remind yourself to drink by a reminder on your cell phone or computer.
4. You can prepare a bottle of at least 1.5 liters of your choice (without sharing it). It will show you how much you drink daily.
5. You can also make a habit and drink a glass of water every time you leave the bathroom.
6. If you do not like plain water - be sure to check the appropriate beverage solutions for you.