The popularity of organic, natural energy drinks and energy shots has grown enormously over the last several years.
But the question must be asked: are these natural energy drinks really any healthier than their traditional siblings?
The jury is still out on the issue of the health and safety of any kind of energy drinks and the proper use of these beverage solutions among certain age groups.
However, due to the huge popularity of the organic food movement, organic or natural energy drinks have become much more accessible and common. These beverage solutions contain beverage ingredients which are said to have little or no negative side effects and to actually improve the consumer’s health.
So, are organic or natural energy drinks actually healthier?
It depends on who you ask. But, at the end of the day, people who are health-conscious should have no trouble weighing the pros and the potential cons of natural energy drinks.
So you be the judge….
- Natural energy drinks do not contain artificial chemicals.
- Natural energy drinks do not contain artificial preservatives.
- Organic energy drinks are supposed to be free from pesticide and other chemical residue.
- These beverage solutions contain natural caffeine from green tea or guarana.
- These beverage ingredients incorporate only natural low calorie sweeteners instead of artificial sweeteners.
- They contain only natural juices flavors.
- These beverage solutions use only natural colors instead of artificial dyes and food colorings.
- The sugar is in a more natural state.
- Organic or natural energy drinks are usually more expensive.
- They can still have high calories and sugar content.
- They can also have high caffeine and therefore be unsuitable for some.
- Some may contain additional herbs or ingredients that people may be allergic to.
- The quantities of herbs are probably too small to produce some of the reputed benefits.
- Natural energy drinks cannot replace the health benefits from a rich diet of vegetables and fruit.
When weighing the pros and cons of natural energy drinks, whether in comparison with “regular” energy drinks or not, it is very important to collect as much information as possible in order to make an informed decision. It's important to understand the ingredients, available solutions and beverage base used in those energy drinks. Contact us for more details.