We live in a restless, agitated world. The constant pressure - at work or at home - and the continuous stimuli surrounding us, make it difficult to stay focused on anything. One of the major drawbacks of this modern, hectic living style is that we do not have the luxury of spare time to investigate thoroughly options for staying healthy.
Luckily for us, there are some perennial things that we can always use, like fruit juices. The problem is that whole fruits are not easily available everywhere, and even where they are, how can we possible store enough (oranges, grapefruits, pomegranates…)?
Meet juice concentrates
Orange juice concentrate, like pomegranate concentrate and other fruit concentrates, provide the optimal practical response to the above conundrum:
- Practical benefits of juice concentrate
* Long shelf life
* Relative low cost
* Always ready to use
* Easy to prepare
- Health benefits
*Juice from concentrate provides an economical way to help you reach your recommended fruit intake;
* Juice from concentrate contains the vitamins and minerals found in whole fruit (even though it lacks whole fruit's fiber content);
* And more specifically:
- Orange juice concentrate contains the entire vitamin C daily recommended intake, in a single one-cup serving. (vitamin C helps the body to metabolize cholesterol in order to control blood cholesterol levels, and also works as an antioxidant);
- Each cup of orange juice concentrate contains 9 and 12 percent of the recommended vitamin A daily intake for men and women respectively. (vitamin A helps produce new blood cells, eyes use vitamin A to see properly in low-light conditions);
- Orange juice concentrate contains the entire daily manganese intake requirements (both for women and men), as well as 10 percent of the recommended daily potassium intake. Manganese boosts collagen production and helps to metabolize nutrients, while potassium supports healthy nerve function and controls your blood pressure.
- Pomegranate concentrate (which is one of the fruits that has recently been inducted as a super fruit) contains nutrients such as vitamin C, folic acid, niacin and, vitamin B3, B6 , B12 vitamin C and E and polyphenols antioxidants. In short, pomegranate concentrate juice is a great supplement to improve cardiovascular health (among other things).
To sum it up
Consuming orange juice concentrate, pomegranate concentrate, grapefruit concentrate or any fruit base beverage solution is probably good for your health. However, like in any other food - don’t exaggerate!